Monday, December 31, 2007

Happy Flippin' New Year

I could eat this and see what happens. That could be fun.

Ah, New Year's Eve. Has anyone ever had a truly great New Year's Eve? I feel like everyone puts so much emphasis on this one night - it's like adult prom, except it happens EVERY YEAR.

Seriously, if I have to hear another "It's going to be the BEST F*CKIN' NEW YEAR'S EVER, MAN. Like, really good," I think I'm going have a nervous breakdown, Anne Heche style. If you see a naked woman wandering into your backyard mumbling about her alien spirit guide, it could be me. Be nice. Maybe give me a blanket.

In all honesty, I have never had a truly great New Year's Eve. In fact, mine usually suck. Big time. The best one ended in a boyfriend's ranch catching on fire, and the worst ended with me crying drunkenly in Lesley Schornack's bathroom over that same boyfriend, followed up with me eating an entire plate of Tostino's pizza rolls and passing out at 11:37 p.m. Good times.

This one looks like it'll be okay, albeit low key. And by low key, I mean spent on my parents' couch, watching Sad People television, drinking sparkling shiraz (probably the highlight), and counting the hours until I return to D.C., my friends, and civilization in general.

I can tell you one thing, though - Tostino's pizza rolls will not be involved.

Oh! And if you have a heinous New Year's Eve story, please do share with the class.

No comments: