Saturday, December 22, 2007

Hookd on foniks werkd fer mee!

The beautiful thing about the end of school is that I now have time to READ! For pleasure! The mind reels. Really, were I a professor, I would institute a reading break in the middle of class. Seriously, just, everyone take 15 minutes and read something that you actually care about, not Foundations of Marxist Thought or Tools for Translation. And smoke if you got 'em.


People would love me.

First on my list is Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert. I always know it's a good sign if I start reading a book and immediately want to be Best Friends with the author. You know, the kind of friends who each wear one half of a heart necklace from one of those quarter machines, that comes in a plastic egg - one is BE FRIE, the other, ST NDS.

Just realized that I wore a necklace for all of fourth grade that was one letter away from saying "STDs." Neat.

I digress.

I'm only on chapter 13 (very short chapters), but the writing is witty and fresh, and she's already hooked me into her journey traveling to three different countries in pursuit of spirituality and pleasure. This book may just appeal to me because I can think of no better job than traveling the world and writing about my experiences, but I'm pretty sure it's a wonderful story regardless, and I'm excited to read on and see what Gilbert has in store.

No comments: