Monday, January 21, 2008

EatHere


Apologize for the brief hiatus - my term as sorority president officially ended today, so I've been wrapping up some things. With the occasional break to run outside and jump up and down with pure, unabashed glee. Oh the bonds of sisterhood run deep, my friends.

Anyway, ate at EatBar with the Brit (I know, I know, we're On Again I suppose, although who really knows with those creatures?) last night and it was a total blast. I'd been to the adjoining restaurant, Tallula, and had enjoyed drinks at the bar, but never dined there. (The bar has a completely separate, more relaxed, but still delicious menu.) It's just such a fun little place - they have fun cocktails, delcious sandwiches, charcuterie, an impressive selection of beer, yummy desserts, the list goes on. I ordered the BBQ pannino, which was pretty much just pulled pork on grilled bread, but it was delicious. I also had a Wimbledon, a strawberryish cocktail rimmed with Pop Rocks. The cocktail was mediocre but the Pop Rocks made me feel like an eight-year-old, so all was forgiven.

The best part, though, is that Sunday nights at EatBar are movie night, meaning that at 8 p.m. they turn down the lights and play a movie on a big projector screen. They offer complimentary truffle butter popcorn and get this - ALL THE CANDY YOU WANT. Literally, a chick walks around with one of those old-fashioned concession boxes and offers candy bars to everyone, free of charge! POP ROCKS RIMMED MARTINIS + FREE KIT KATS = HAPPY KATE.

This is so clever - the manager told me the bar fills up every Sunday night now. Next week, they're playing Sixteen Candles, and I'm totally dragging my posse. Yes, my posse. Because, after all, POP ROCKS RIMMED MARTINIS + FREE KIT KATS + JAKE RYAN = VERY HAPPY KATE.

No comments: