Sunday, February 24, 2008

The Superbowl for chicks

Oscar Night! This is exciting. Took a cue from Amanda and picked out my Oscar dress.

First, the two back-ups, because you have to have those in case your tiny dog pees on the first one, or you lose too much weight after a week of daily colonics and eating nothing but grapefruit.

Bill Blass, Fall 2008
Simple but not plain, and I'm loving the eggplant.


Elie Saab, Spring 2008
So Grace, I can't even handle it.



Zac Posen, Spring 2008
Okay, so three back-ups, but can you blame me? Total siren dress.


And finally, my ultimate Oscar dress (this year, at least):

Marchesa, Spring 2008

Except, get this: I'd want it in a royal-almost-purple blue with the gold embroidery. Because one, I have a distinct feeling I'd look positively washed out and heinous in orange, and two, in a world where I attend the Oscars, obviously I'd be best friends with Georgina and Keren and they would have no problem custom-making it for me.

Marchesa photo from style.com, all other photos from nymag.com.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh! I love your colorful picks! That Bill Blass collection from Peter Som did was exquiste. And I totally forgot about that Zac Posen dress, I had it bookmarked too!

Kate said...

Thanks!

I know, I'm pretty convinced Zac Posen is an utter genius. Red was definitely the color, too!