Monday, December 10, 2007

Like, seriously disturbed.

Soooo my roommate comes screaming up the basement stairs waving around a Cosmo (magazine, not drink), and lo and behold it is Ex Boyfriend Numero Uno on the Steamiest Confessions page giving a "MAN'S TAKE" on some girl ripping her panties off accidentally in front of her Crush or some such nonsense. I have no idea how he got in there, but it creeps me out enormously. That and the fact that he seems to have changed his name - it's really bizarre - on Facebook, too, so you know it's official, he's going by his name + an ending that isn't his, kind of like if I made everyone start to call me Katelyn, even though it is not and will not ever be my real name.

Don't know why I'm fixating on this - maybe it's the weird name change, maybe it's the fact that no matter how sleazy he acted, I always thought he was more normal and wouldn't end up being a genuine sleaze bag talking about TURN-ONS in a trashy magazine, maybe it's the fact that he snuck up on me in 2-D form when I haven't thought about him in a good long time. Don't know what it is, but somehow I'm writing about this instead of writing my term paper.

I told my mother this, my mother who sat through mind-numbing phone calls with the patience of a saint during the incredibly pathetic saga that was my sniveling, drawn-out, Breakup then Make Up then Breakup (for-like-real-this-time), and she said, "Maybe he's bipolar. This is the age it starts to come out."

I laughed until milk came out my nose, and then paused sadly while I wondered if it was true.

No comments: